Making a latte at home? Don’t have a fancy espresso machine? No problem!
Just get a hand-held wand frother, like the one shown above.
I’m all pumped up about my pumpkin spice latte recipe. Oh yeah, baby. This is a good one. You’re gonna love it, because it’s not only just as tasty as the kind you get at Starbucks, but it’s also cheaper and easy to make.
This recipe makes one mug of pumpkin spice latte.
To make more, simple double up on the recipe.
1 cup milk
1 tbs. sugar
1 cup coffee (or 1 to 2 shots of espresso)
1/3 cup Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tbs. maple syrup
Canned pumpkin meat
Dollop of whipped cream
A pot (preferably with a pour spout)
- Make a cup of super dark coffee, or make 1 to 2 shots of espresso.
- Pour milk into a pot, and stir in the pumpkin meat, sugar and maple syrup.
- Heat the ingredients on the stove over medium-high heat until the milk steams and reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pot from the stove and, tilting the pot slightly toward you, submerge the wand frother just beneath the milk’s surface and activate.
- Froth the top layer of milk. Fill your mug slightly less than half way with coffee, add the milk, and top with a layer of froth.
- Scoop a dollop of whipped cream on top, and sprinkle Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- If making coffee, I recommend using a French press. Although it’s not necessary, it makes a richer tasting coffee.
- When pouring the heated milk into your mug, use a tablespoon to hold the froth back while you pour. Then, with the spoon, scoop the froth out of the pot.